Michele On September - 16 - 2010

NY Fashion week just drew to a close. I was really sad that I had to leave The Big Apple last month before it went down, always being on the cutting edge of fashion that I am.

I always make sure that my shoes match my outfit du jour. I have Crocs flip flops of almost every color.

Honestly, I haven’t paid much attention to what’s been said about the fashions being shown on the runway this week. I did however, overhear that the “in” colors next summer will be beige and dusty pink. I can’t wait!

OMG- dusty pink. Dusty pink reminds me of the early 80′s when that damn color was paired with dusty blue. A friend I knew had her entire house, I mean every room, decorated with those two colors, and geese, everywhere those geese, wearing ribbons around their necks. It was a lot to handle even if you were sober.

Once when Doug and I were there one night playing cards I had perhaps a smidge more to drink than I should’ve. I felt like Tippi Hedrin in “The Birds”. Of course in this instance it would’ve been called “The Geese.”

I still have bad dreams. All those geese were freaking me out.

Doug found this little ditty today in the NY Daily News and suggested that I share it with you, so here you go-

Now I don’t want you all to make the servers crash by trying to place your orders at the same time, so please pace yourselves. I feel sure you’ll be able to secure one of these little beauties in time for that Christmas office party. I’m guessing that since the less fashion forward folk such as myself, won’t be wearing this, they’ll be plenty left behind (no pun intended) for the rest of you fashionistas.

If you are going to wear this though, please be sure to order Unforgettable gifts #6, to wear underneath. (You wouldn’t want panty lines after all.) That would be tacky.

And if the model looks familiar, you might remember her from one of my earlier posts. Her name is Coco Austin, wife of Ice-T. If the rumors about her are true, she’s a real hard-ass as you can surmise from her backside in these photos and my earlier post about her.

So here I sit a prime candidate for What Not to Wear. I guess that’s just the way it’ll have to be for now.

1. Connie Baum says:

Mr. Blackledge or whatever his name is will have a FIELD DAY with these fashion statements.

And the underwear manufacturers will just be thrown under the bus, totally unneeded with this advent of forward fashion faux paus.

What are designers who dream this stuff up SMOKING these days? I feel sorry for the poor models, having to trot the runway in this stuff. Even though they are probably well paid.

I’m still waiting for my uniform, T shirt and jeans to be glamorized by the fashion forward folks…sigh…

x
    Mother Connie
    Connie Baum recently posted..Food Stamps Cooking Club- School LunchesMy Profile

Mr. Blackwell kiddo. Luckily, he’s already dead or some of this “fashion” might’ve pushed him over the edge for sure, Did you click on the link for Mrs. T? I’m getting a set of those tush implants for you for Christmas. I knew you’d want a set!

2. Eleanor says:

This started my day off with a huge laugh — Thanks!

(writing a reminder to myself not to look at my grandmotherly rear-end any time soon, too.)
    Eleanor recently posted..Almost Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

3. Donna says:

oh my god. I need that dress. It’s purple!!!!!! Do you think they have one in my size? What, you don’t think they do. Damn.

Do you know that I love Project Runway. I bet they had someone there. ok, breathing.
    Donna recently posted..Flip-It HOA!!My Profile

I don’t know kiddo; but if you’re truly, really, serious, I’ll go on a quest and see if I can find it for you. Of course after you wear it, I may never be able to acknowledge you in public again.

4. I don’t know about the dress…but I have got to duplicate the hair do! I am heading for my mirror…
    Kim Wright (Pinkim) recently posted..THE REUNIONMy Profile

5. Deedee says:

I dunno..a step up from a meat dress, maybe? Maybe the implants come with the dress. Not exactly my style tho.

Did you link back to the old post? Those implants go with her wherever she goes. They look like you could crack a coconut on them to me.

• Deedee says:

Yeah, I did link back and I know her implants stay with her. But either she is the only person in the world who could (or would) wear that hideous dress, or if someone else wanted to wear it they would definitely need the implants (both boob and butt). So I was thinking if a normal (?) person wanted to buy that dress they would need the implants to be included in the purchase. But, what normal person would want to buy that dress?

(and yeah, you would definitely need unforgettable gift #6 as well as the implants. But who has time for all that high fashion?)

6. Shit. That dress that shows the ladies arse hanging out is such a bad look. And dusty pink and dusty blue are in next year. That means I am gonna look like a cadaver for the whole season.
    Annie (Lady M) x recently posted..Caption competition – Grizzly BearMy Profile

Me too, me too, Lady M. I cannot wear that color either. I’ve gotta wear deep colors. So I take it by your response that I shouldn’t look for the availability of that dress for you in the UK?

8. Connie Baum says:

Oh, yeah. Blackwell. I knew that. It’s just that all that high fashion addled my brain.

Thanks.

MC
    Connie Baum recently posted..Mother Connie Sez- How Tight Are YOUR Family TiesMy Profile