Michele On August - 28 - 2011

Well it’s official.

Yesterday was the hottest day ever in the city of Houston. Well the hottest on the thermometer anyway.

It was a toasty 109.

Yes 109. I have no idea what the heat index was. But it was fucking hot.

Seriously.

And we had quite a day.

Doug and I got up early and drove 70 miles to an event; only to unload everything and then be told that a mistake had been made and in reality we had no spot.

Well not inside anyway. The head poobah didn’t even apologize for his error but said we were welcome to set up outside.

Yeah, like that was gonna happen.

Obviously the man was a mental defective; or just plain mean.

Either way, we drove 3 hours for nothing. Actually, to be more correct, to lose money.

It was a quiet trip back home.

When we got back to Houston I went to Evelyn’s where Daisy’s been encamped for 5 days now.

When Doug got back to our house he found Gizmo in mid-seizure. He immediately gave him a double dose of Keppra which stopped it; but we still have no idea what the trigger was. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident.

Meanwhile Lazer is still at our house enjoying his last few days of being a guy.

My dress with essence of Daisy is still in his crate.

And Lazer’s loving it for sure.

But sadly now he’s all dressed up with nowhere to go, so to speak.

Daisy’s not there; and he can’t really get his own train to the station, due to his lack of opposable thumbs, a fact which he’s been lamenting- loudly.

I asked Doug if he was going to help his boy out.

But although he was very sympathetic to Lazer’s plight, he declined to literally, lend a hand.

If I’d hit the lotto I’d go and find the woman from the dog show to do the deed. But I just can’t spend $200 on that right now.

So just like so many other horny teenagers, Lazer’s just going to have to deal with his frustration as best he can.

Life goes on…

1. Stephanie says:

Better watch out, you keep talking about the heat and they’ll send a hurricane :)
    Stephanie recently posted..I Got Interviewed and Zack Got Carried by Shomari StoneMy Profile

Welcome young one. Thanks for popping by. You may be right; we’re about due one. I hope to see you here again soon.

2. Dazee says:

Poor Gizmo. I hope he is ok
    Dazee recently posted..Dinner At Little JoesMy Profile

3. Darla says:

I do hope Gizmo gets better too. Poor Lazer, but at least he still has your dress. I tell you, I have never helped a dog out that way either. I don’t blame Doug for not going there. What if Lazer thought he could get that help all the time? Not a good habit to start.

I don’t blame you for not sticking around outside yesterday. 109 for us today as well. Record breaking for Austin too. I saw cub scouts selling their popcorn in front of the local Wal-Mart today. I was thinking they should earn extra badges for that. Sheesh. Wal-Mart should have at least let those boys come inside and set up with the greeter.

I can’t believe their parents actually let them stand out in that heat. Were they nuts or what?

5. Pam says:

Birdie keeps saying that it’s really hot in Texas. But they have gotten rain so maybe it’s y’alls turn now! Hope so! I wish I could say that I can’t believe that guy didn’t, at the very least, apologize. But, unfortunately, that attitude seems to be the rule of thumb any more. Jerks.
    Pam recently posted..Fessin’ Up: THE LAST WEEK Y’ALL!My Profile

I sure hope you’re right about the rain young one. This drought has gotten old, real old.

7. Jenn says:

I hope Gizmo is better soon. It’s scary when they have seizures. And Poor Lazer.

When Giz seizes all we can do is give him extra meds and hold him close to us. It is scary- for both of us.

Tomorrow is the big day for Lazer. (Of course they say after that it still takes 10 days to clear his system.) But after that it should all be a thing of the past. No more testicles to make him crazy.

9. That is just crazy hot – you have my sympathy! I’ve recently had three childhood friends end up living in Houston and each one just complains about the heat!
    Megan (Best of Fates) recently posted..Destroying a Dresser in 4 Easy Steps (Axe Included)My Profile

You know kiddo the only good thing is that when everyone else is covered up in coats come winter, we can still wear T’s and shorts or jeans. I didn’t break out my coat at all last winter.

10. Kara says:

Wow! That is wicked hot! I’d be finding some cool, deep water and spending my day standing neck deep in it!
    Kara recently posted..Licking the Cream Off My WhiskersMy Profile

If there was any around here I’d do just that. Even the water in the swimming pools feels like bath water. Sadly, the nearest cold, deep water near us is 150 miles away.

Oh. My. Animals are such an entertaining addition to our lives, aren’t they?

;-)
    Liz C. recently posted..Seattle More Than Exceeded My Expectations…. Part TwoMy Profile

You betcha Mrs. Snoots. They are indeed.

13. Sandy says:

109 — I’m panting and sweating just reading that. Did the head dude at least buy you a cold drink for the confusion? Sorry you had to spend time/$$ for nothing. Bummer!! Hope Gizmo is feeling better today. My sister’s dog has seizures and I understand how scary they are to watch.
    Sandy recently posted..Toilet Training the Cats #5My Profile

M morn-t-ing, Irene has passed though and all is well! 3 shingles missing that’s all. You know this is the first time New York City took a “Nap”! No public transportation, every thing possible on lock-down.
    Today back to work and the weekend coming, 2 parties, 1 bbq life is good!…TRACK

Glad you didn’t get slapped too hard by Irene. I’ve been at Evelyn’s for a few days. We were talking about you.

So are you going to Northern BBQ- hot dogs and hamburgers or a Southern BBQ with ribs and brisket?

16. melynda says:

oh poor guy! Just get him snipped. Then problem solved. lol Well not for him. He’s not gonna enjoy it at all.
    melynda recently posted..What the heck?My Profile

17. Heather Mcintosh says:

Thanks for popping by. I tell you, I have never helped a dog out that way either. Sadly, the nearest cold, deep water near us is 150 miles away. lol Well not for him.
    Heather Mcintosh recently posted..Acne TipsMy Profile