Michele On August - 25 - 2011

As most everyone knows we have dogs- a lot of dogs. and having such a big pack is expensive.

So occasionally things get missed.

Not the big stuff of course like annual check ups, heartworm medicine and the like. Just last month everyone had their check ups and I’m happy to say everyone was in good health. But then came the purchase of flea control and heartworm meds. With so many different sizes of canines, we need a lot of different packs of meds that correspond to their weights.

And every time when Doug pays for their meds he looks a lot like Fred Sanford.

I don’t know that he means to do it. It’s just a gut reaction he can’t seem to control. He never resents it. It’s just expensive.

Anyway, I noticed a couple of days ago that Lazer had been paying Daisy extra attention.  He hadn’t actually grabbed her yet and tried to have his way with her, but love was in the air. Then the one part of my brain that’s still working slapped the other and screamed “THEY”RE NOT FIXED YET!”

The plan was to get them both fixed after the rodeo. Everyone else was already. But we all know how that went. (A lot of things that were planned for after the rodeo didn’t happen.)

So it got postponed. And to be honest we’ve been so busy getting ready for the new store that I’d forgotten all about it until a couple of days ago. They’re never off a leash unless it’s at dog park; and with it being so abysmal here- (tomorrow and Saturday it’ predicted to be 107) we haven’t been to dog park in months.

Lazer was looking for love for sure. But with him being so giant and Daisy so small by compare, their love was not meant to be. (Not that we would’ve let it have been anyway.)

Daisy hopped up on the back of the big leather chair by the windowsill. Lazer put his front paws on the side of chair and started doing his thing. And since I was sitting in the chair at the time I stopped his fun.

He looked confused as most males do when you interrupt their playtime.

I called the vet and was told it’d be next week before I could get an appointment for Lazer. So not wanting to play defense for almost a week I called Evelyn and asked if Daisy could come spend the next five days with her at Miss Bunny’s Day Spa.

And of course being the good egg that she is, she said OK.

Before taking Daisy over there we took her to get her nails cut and I gave her a bath. When we got there I put Soft Claws on her. Daisy has strange nails. They’re more like cat nails. They’re sharp, seriously sharp, all the time. She doesn’t mean to hurt you. But when she gets excited she paws at you and the results can be bad. Doug damn near needed stitches last time.

I looked at their sizing chart online and thought I’d ordered the right size. However once I got them on her I noticed they were a tad large. Evelyn says that Daisy now has “Ho toes”.  Which may be kinda true; but at least she doesn’t have the dreaded “Ghettoes“.

The good news is that Daisy is no longer a danger. And that’s a good thing.

The bad news is that now Daisy’s not there Lazer is manic looking for her. He walks and walks and yodels then breaking into howls.

It’ sooo sad. And sooo annoying, especially at night when you’re trying to sleep. Emphasis on the word trying.

We went to Evelyn’s the next day and when I came home Lazer jumped on me, literally like white on rice. His paws reach my shoulders. He wrapped them round me as best he could, and his fun commenced. Well he thought it was fun anyway.

He was a dog on a mission and wasn’t thrilled by being put off. I called Doug and told him to hurry home, that I was being molested.

By the time he arrived it was all over.

I was sitting in the corner whimpering and Lazer was smoking a cigarette.

Our puppies are due around Halloween.

Doug and I were having a hard time figuring out why Lazer was acting so nutso since Daisy wasn’t there. Then it came to us. While I was at Evelyn’s I’d been holding Daisy on my lap. I had essence of Daisy all over me; and although it couldn’t be seen, apparently he knew it was there. He really knew and it was enough to set him off like a water wiggle.

As soon as we figured it out I took off the dress and threw it in his crate. He ran in after it.

On the plus side he settled down. On the minus side I think that dress is a goner.

But before I forget I wanted to let everyone know that I’m registered at Puppies “R” Us.

1. When you’re hot, you’re hot.
    I know that Fred Sanford cringe. A year’s worth of flea treatment for an 85 pounder would almost pay my rent for a month. Not really, but damn! And to add insult to financial injury. The fleas abandoned her immediately and took up chewing on me. To they have Human Advantage?
    Kerry Hargraves recently posted..Did Something Die In Here?My Profile

2. Jeanne Kraus says:

Ha ha. Loved this post. I’ll tell you that Daisy in her bright red nails would have had a very hard time keeping Lazer off her. Too much of an attraction. She is a cute little thing though. I think she looks dismayed about the nails, feeling she is advertising herself like a slut.
    Jeanne Kraus recently posted..What a Relief!My Profile

She may indeed.; however we are bloody gashless now, so she’ll just have to learn to live with it.

4. Pam says:

alsithgndnvmb—oops! Sorry, I had to pick myself up off the floor. I fell out of the chair laughing so hard. And I was reading to Deanie- she had to stop her car in the middle of DC traffic she was laughing so hard! I sent her the link so the cop would understand. LOL
    Pam recently posted..HUMP DAY HOPS!My Profile

5. melynda says:

One of your funniest post ever! lol Only you!
    Thanks for your comment today I was laughing so hard. I wish we had thought that far ahead but honestly we were just giggling and crushing up the pills as fast as we could. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so blond. sigh
    melynda recently posted..A dish best served cold..My Profile

6. Aleta Woods says:

Shaking my head.

7. You certainly have your hands full!

They have things like that for cats claws, too….only you will get slashed to ribbons attemptint to put them on!
    “Susan Says…” recently posted..Sandwiches on the TrainMy Profile

8. Sandy says:

Stop — I almost peed my pants laughing so hard. I must tell you that the soft paws on Daisy are so cute. I put them on one of my cats and they are great!!! I didn’t know they made them for dogs too.
    Guess I better start working on puppy quilts for the kids. When are you expecting and what color will be the puppy room?
    Sandy recently posted..Hurricane Andrew Blew Me Away – Part 2My Profile

M, You sure can discribe a story, true or not! l.o.l….TRACK

10. Jacqui Brown says:

Hope you keep the dress as evidence. You never know when it will come in handy. Started a new book site. “Where The Fuck Is My Tiara”. Should be fun.
    Jacqui Brown recently posted..Facebook Friends…My Profile

I’ve got it just in case. It’s in a safe place, along with Monica Lewinsky’s.

Where the fuck is my Tiara? I like that. Let me know how it goes.

I feel your pain on how much is costs you for the heartworm meds. I only have two cats and I think it is expensive. Thank god for cheap Internet pet supplies.

Funny about the “love connection”. That Daisy is looking like a real tease with her pink nails. What is Lazer to do when she looks that hot? I guess he just has to have a dalliance with your dress.
    Cheryl P. recently posted..Friday Around the Water Cooler 8/26/2011My Profile

But Lazer has never seen his lady love with pink nails. God only knows what he’d do if he did.

13. melynda says:

I showed your dog to my sister and now she wants one just like it with the pink toes. Sigh I just created a monster. Oh wait. I could blame you on this one. Ok. Consider yourself blamed. hahaha
    melynda recently posted..If I were youMy Profile

Well if she wants a dog like Daisy, she’s a Westie mix. There are usually a ton of them at the different rescues. As for the pink caps they’re available anywhere.

I’ll consider myself blamed.:)

15. Another laugh-out-loud post me dear! I am sorry I didn’t show more sympathy, but the vision of Lazer trying to boff you after the terrier had gone, really tickled my sense of humour!
    Annie (Lady M) x recently posted..Guns and Snakes | Living in AmericaMy Profile

No problem Miss Annie apparently it tickled a lot of people.

17. Janet NZ says:

Love it… just, love it!
    :-)
    Janet NZ recently posted..Sitting in my chairMy Profile

:)Thanks kiddo.

19. melynda says:

Well today I have a bunch of my pet updates and pictures of my fatty dog. She is very fluffy. haha So if you get a chance let me know if you have any idea’s other than removing her stomach to help this poor old girl. haha
    melynda recently posted..A small portion of my zooMy Profile

Shyla is just zafig, that’s all. She reminds me of someone else I know quite well.:)

21. Darla says:

I love this story! I feel so bad for Lazer. I had forgotten that you didn’t get them fixed either. I remember reading in your blog about you talking about it, so I thought you had too. Sigh…so much for your blogger friends reminding you, eh?

I guess those claw covers are a good idea, but yeah, it’s visually weird to me, but then, I am an au natural girl.

You know what impresses me the most? I love that you handed over your dress to Lazer so that he could be comforted by the scent of her for a while longer. You really love your doggies. You sacrificed a dress for him.

I really liked that dress too; but at that point he needed it more than I did.

23. Nadia Gibson says:

Ok. I don’t know what blond had to do with it. Not really, but damn!
    Nadia Gibson recently posted..Cancer TipsMy Profile

24. Manuela Coffey says:

Ha ha. Well today I have a bunch of my pet updates and pictures of my fatty dog.
    Manuela Coffey recently posted..Cancer Tattoos TumblrMy Profile

25. Pearlie Cross says:

M, You sure can discribe a story, true or not! What is Lazer to do when she looks that hot? Consider yourself blamed. I’ve seen those for cats; but not known anyone who’s attempted to use them.
    Pearlie Cross recently posted..Swiffer MopsMy Profile

26. Claudine Mcneil says:

I could blame you on this one. When are you expecting and what color will be the puppy room? I’ve seen those for cats; but not known anyone who’s attempted to use them. I am sorry I didn’t show more sympathy, but the vision of Lazer trying to boff you after the terrier had gone, really tickled my sense of humour!
    Claudine Mcneil recently posted..Best Realtors in Murrieta CAMy Profile