Michele On November - 21 - 2011

Contrary to the rumours, I’m alive and well.

Well I’m alive anyway; but I guess you know that by now. And for the most part I’m well.

But after working two different events over the last 3 days, my body let me know it wasn’t happy with me. When I woke up Sunday morning the only thing that didn’t hurt were my eyelashes and earlobes.

At least that’s the way it seemed.

Eons ago, I used to be able to abuse my body without repercussions, going Hellaciously long periods without sleep or working for hours on end like a longshoreman doing whatever had to be done. Now it seems despite my protestations my body is turning me into a huge wuss.

And I really, really hate that.

Anyway, since I knew it wouldn’t be as busy, I let Doug go the show on Saturday that I’d worked on Friday. But since it started earlier on Sat. than our show Susan and I were left to load everything. We had to take 2 EZ ups, enough weight to secure them and everything else, not to mention the unwieldy, heavy ass cart (100lb.) that Doug had made for the rodeo so we could move everything to our spot. It’s great if you don’t have to lift it high into the back of a pick up, then down again, twice in the same day.

Then more fun… Although Doug had actually given me enough weight to secure both booths, what he he failed to do and I failed to notice while loading was that he didn’t give me enough actual containers in which to put the sand so I could weight all 8 legs. So when I got there actually had only enough to make 4 weights, not 8.

So I Macguyvered the two booths together as best I could with only 4 weights and hoped for the best.

Did it work?

Not so much, which in this case means not at all.

The wind whipped up and in a split second our 2nd EZ up was literally upside down on top of the other. They were roof to roof.

Susan said it looked like they were having sex. I thought it looked more like an an alien with really spindly arms and  legs. No matter what, the bottom line was that someone could’ve been seriously hurt when it flipped. We really lucked out that no one was. I can’t ever let than happen again.

Now onto to other things…

I have a question-

Are the 80′s making a comeback and somehow I didn’t notice?

I was in a store today and saw a display of legwarmers- a big one.

Seriously, I did.

It was like I took a ride in a time machine.

Now I’ll admit once upon a time I had some legwarmers. I wore them over tights when I went to aerobics.

But I wasn’t the only one.

Remember Aerobicise?

My fav part is the sequence starting about 2:45.

I know that when I went to aerobics I always made sure I had full blown make up on, just like the girls in the video.

No surprise that most of the people who watched the show were men.

So I guess only time will tell if leg warmers are actually making a comeback.

Actually some things from the 80′s were OK, like disco.

Of course these days I wouldn’t be out dancing to Boogie, Oogie Oogie like I used to; but that’s OK. It’s good music to clean to anyway.

I just hope that mullets stay gone. Some things should never be resurrected and I think those are pretty near the top of that list.

Now though onto some good news…

I know that with the holidays upon us many people are concerned with how to include some healthy choices. And last night I found something that til then I had no idea fits the bill.

Here you go:

Now packed with a whopping, now count them, 4 grams of protein!

I am so excited! Who knew candy could be part of a healthy diet?

Seriously, are people really falling for that?

So I guess that’s it for now. There are supposed to be big storms here manana, so I plan to stay close and go around visiting online. Se you soon.

2. jessica says:

Aerobics are SCARY. But there IS something appealing about watching men do it.
    jessica recently posted..Life’s two greatest horrors.My Profile

M, Great song! I never put the warmers away, hahaha. Every winter they come out under my jeans, I’m not cold…TRACK

Your legwarmers would reach all the way up to my boobs my uber-tall friend.:)

5. I’m glad to hear you survived the violent mating of booth covers! I saw a clip on TV of a Rihanna performance and all I could think about was, “I thought we were all in agreement just a few years ago that 80′s fashion was heinous so why does Rihanna look like she’s doing a musical version of 21 Jump Street???” Even though I was born in 84, I still have nightmarish memories of the hair and leg warmers! At least now the world can go mad in their 80′s fashion and we can all just sit back and watch our health while eating a Baby Ruth!
    Padded Cell Princess recently posted..Time to Drag the Soapbox Out…My Profile

Thank God that for the most part you were too young to remember living through the great mullet epidemic of the 80′s.

It wasn’t pretty. And they haunt us still; but if you stay outta Walmart, usually you’re pretty safe.

7. Pam says:

The brunette looked like she was about to fall out! LOL

Mullets? Oh yeah–business up front party in the back! I agree, let’s leave them in the 80s graveyard!

There was a Krispy Creme truck outside the grocery store today. For two cents I would have climbed in there and eaten my way out. Diet or not! LOL
    Pam recently posted..Challenge Day!My Profile

Krispy Kreme’s must have been invented by Satan. How else could they taste so very good and be so very bad for you; not to mention be so addictive.

Your resolve must be made of steel. I’d have stolen the truck and eaten KK’s til I died from an overdose of sugar and fat.

9. Each Halloween I think up some ridiculous costume that allows me to wear leg warmers. The morning after Halloween this year I woke up in my bra, underwear and leg warmers. It was confusing for moment.

I can’t help but secretly like leg warmers. I was born in ’89 so I missed all the leg warmer fun.

Welcome Sassy. I bet you were confused. When I was your age I woke up in some confusing combos of clothing or lack thereof as well.

And if what I saw recently was any indication, pretty soon you’ll be able to join the party you missed before.

10. Jocelyn says:

You deserve to hang out in bed for at least two days, all the better if the lying around is interspersed with visits to a hot tub.

Yea, the ’80s are back. Leg warmers are back. No can do. Once was enough. I would argue, in addition to the beauty of disco, there are some other songs from the ’80s that still rock. I heard “In a Big Country” by, um, the group Big Country this morning, and it delighted the hell out of me.

Oh: and let’s use Macguyvered, the verb, forevermore, no matter the decade.
    Jocelyn recently posted..Autumnal, Not a Summer’s, EveMy Profile

Hiya kiddo. I like how you think. Could you write that out into a note to Doug for me?

12. Elisa says:

LOL! Oh and I LOVE the word “Macguyvered”–that’s pure awesomeness.

It does seem like the 80′s are making a comeback. Wow, I wonder what my kids will be wearing when they’re teenagers.

Glad you liked it young one. And congrats on the launch of your book. What a hit you are!

14. It’s only a true comeback if those suspender underpants also return to vogue.
    Pass the Baby Ruths.
    Always Home and Uncool recently posted..Upcoming Tweets from @mrskutcherMy Profile

15. I, too,l have noticed that legwarmers are making a comeback. I used to pull them on over my oldest son’s legs as he rode in his stroller way back when. They were blue.

And as far as baby Ruth having protein, I am celebrating as we speak!

Take it easy on your body–you are still recovering!
    “Susan Says…” recently posted..Home for Thanksgiving, Part IIMy Profile

I guess I was right then; they are making a comeback after all. I wonder what’s next?

I know Evelyn still has a jacket with shoulder pads stashed somewhere. I threw mine out long ago.

But if your shoulder pads are big enough, they can make your waist look smaller. Of course in my case for that to work I’d have to walk through the door sideways, but still…

16. Kara says:

I saw a young 20ish woman wearing leg warmers at the mall the other day – not over tights like we used to wear them, but over skinny jeans with ankles boots. Let’s just hope that big hair doesn’t come back. I never want to go back to the days of curling irons and hair spray – way too high-maintenance for me!
    Kara recently posted..My Christmas Wish ListMy Profile

• michele says:

I never had to use a curling iron; but I do remember the 80′s being a more high maintenance time. Have a great T-day Miss Kara.

17. DWei says:

I’m not looking forward to being unable to abuse my body for long periods of no rest.

How else am I going to get anything done. :|
    DWei recently posted..Early Christmas ShoppingMy Profile

18. Elisa says:

Hey, woman :)
    I just wanted to stop by again and tell you that you won a free physical copy of my book “The Golden Sky.”
    Thanks for all of your support through this long process.
    You can e-mail me here: ecboutique05@gmail.com

Have a great day,
    Elisa

19. Vera Bowen says:

I have to admit I missed most of the exercise video because I was laughing so hard when she said “Aerobics is an exercise that anybody can do” that I couldn’t hear anything. While I go search Google images, you have a Baby Ruth.
    Vera Bowen recently posted..Cancer Tattoos TumblrMy Profile

20. Katrina Alexander says:

I can’t help but secretly like leg warmers. It’s no fun believe me. Oh and I LOVE the word “Macguyvered”–that’s pure awesomeness. At least now the world can go mad in their 80?s fashion and we can all just sit back and watch our health while eating a Baby Ruth!
    Katrina Alexander recently posted..Many MopsMy Profile

21. It is really cool engaging to aerobics since these could help to have a healthy body.
    Debbie Welchert recently posted..Male Fertility: Make your Sperm CountMy Profile