Michele On October - 23 - 2012

Obviously, some of us have had a hard time getting going this morning.

Those guys just can't party like they used to.

Doug stayed up late last night looking at stuff online and wasn’t exactly eager to start the day.

Neither was Gizmo.

We’ve got yet another event for this weekend, actually 2, so needless to say I’m really busy right now.

My life would be a lot easier if I was like her:

Of course my outlay for deodorant would skyrocket; but considering how much more I’d be getting done I think the expense would be justified.

I’d have multiple hands free for Ecofab chores and a few extra too so I could pet dogs at the same time.

The pack has been feeling neglected of late.

All day long I’m either assembling jewelry, painting glass, shopping for glass or desperately trying to rearrange the house so that all the clutter doesn’t actually overcome us and we just disappear, never to be found again. It’s be something like this, but a lot less oozy:

Our blob would be an amalgamation of recyclables, art supplies, receipts and dog fur. It’s different than the one in the clip but no less scary, believe me.

When we finally poop out sometime after 8 and sit down on the couch we’re overwhelmed by a tsunami of licking tongues, with each of them trying to get in ever closer to us for more time with mom and dad.

Blackie actually suggested I just go in and have a procedure so I could carry her around in my pouch like a baby kangaroo. If her paws never hit the ground again she’d be just fine with that.

She pointed out that in my current shape it wouldn’t be much of  a procedure.

And although that’s true enough, I thought that was unkind to point out; but perhaps I’m just being overly sensitive these days.

So I hope all has been well with all of you.

I fear I’ve not been much of an online friend lately rarely getting by to visit, being so self absorbed as I’ve been.

I’ll try to do better in the future; and BTW- no more donkey anything, I promise.

The mere thought of trying to keep up with you makes me tired. I can’t imagine the effort involved in launching such a hands-on business. Hope your weekend goes well and you have great success.
    Cheryl P. recently posted..Whatcha Y’all Doin’ Down ThereMy Profile

I can tell you that’s a lot more effort than I ever imagined. That is for sure. If Publisher’s Clearinghouse would just show up at our door I could abandon all this nonsense.

2. You’re hysterical. Yes, all that deodorant would be a budget buster.

I loved “The Blob” but don’t remember a sequel–can I come over to your house & watch it with you?

4. Between the title of the post and the idea of the deodorant expenses and I’ve had my laugh for the day—thankyou!!
    Susan Says… recently posted..My New BoyfriendMy Profile

5. Pearl says:

Admit it — the more arms you had the more you’d try to do!

Pearl
    Pearl recently posted..I’ll Take Locking Your Boss in a Bathroom Stall for $100, AlexMy Profile

6. Aleta Woods says:

Using all that deoderant might just help the economy so go for it. We love watching the old horror movies- the B rated are the funniest. Good luck on getting everything done. As for the dogs-well, maybe you need to hire a petting sitter. That all she/he would do-pet. LOL Have a great day.
    P. S. We got our second foster dog today- a Papillion from the same puppy mill as the Pomeranians. I will post a picture on FB later.

7. I admit I’m glad I’m not as devoted and hard working as you are.

Love,
    Janie
    Janie Junebug recently posted..STUCK UP? MOI?My Profile

8. Boy I feel your pain. I have neglected reading my favorite bloggers in a while. But then, I’ve made a deal with myself to be better about it.
    Dazee Dreamer recently posted..It’s A Drunken MeMe…..Yee HawMy Profile

9. rapfutbolki says:

I would like you just could not … I do not have any patience and skill …

10. I don’t know about all those arms, think of all the extra armpits you’d have to shave…I thinking that could actually be all that dark hair on the statue…
    Padded Cell Princess recently posted..International Feast and a Bizarre Birthday VideoMy Profile

Ewwwww, I’d forgotten about all the extra deforestation that’s be involved. So much for wanting those extra arms.

Thanks Princess. You saved me a fortune in nail polish- and deodorant.

M, be glad you got humor or you wouldn’t make it! Now I’ll take a rest…TRACK

13. Blimey, just imagine how much a manicure would cost? I am with you, I could do with that many hands these days. Don’t worry about not visiting, I totally understand ….. it’s a nightmare when things are busy. Hope Ecofab is going well chick!
    Annie (Lady M) x recently posted..People keep sending me Freebies …. it’s great!My Profile