Michele On November - 2 - 2012

I must admit something:

I cannot wait for the election to be over.

Seriously.

I want it to be over more than I’d want a yeast infection to be over.

Does that make me a bad American?

Does it mean I’m not a grownup? But at this point are there really people who still haven’t made up their minds?

How can that possibly be, unless they’ve been in suspended animation or in a bomb shelter for a protracted period.

I am not a political zealot in any way, shape or form. I don’t watch Face the Nation or Meet the Press, not that’s there anything wrong with that.

I am not apathetic.

I have my views and actually feel strongly about them should anyone ask. However, I’ve never felt the need to foist them on others who would disagree with me, not that there’s anything wrong with that either.

It’s a free country. People can say what they want. I just don’t have to listen to them unless I want to. Please tell me I’m not the only one sick of all the political jibberjabber.

All I can say is thank God for cable.

Yes I watch TV.

There I admit it. When I’m not busy making stuff for Ecofab I turn on the TV, pet dogs and just zone out for awhile. It’s true probably half of what I watch are documentaries of some kind (did you know that most urban raccoons only have a home range of about 3 blocks? ); but yes I watch other things too.

I don’t sit here expanding my mind by reading the works of Aristotle or Tolstoy. These days I leave that to the younger brains.

I expanded my mind enough plenty in the early 70′s, which may explain a lot why it’s the way it is now come to think of it.

Anyway, I saw this young one on the Today show yesterday. She sums up my feelings about the upcoming election exactly:

I thought she was cute anyway.

So I guess that’s it for now.

We have a big event tomorrow; then Evelyn’s surgery is on Monday; so I’ll be busy for sure.

Don’t forget to vote kiddos. You can’t complain later if you don’t get out and participate in the process.

1. I loved that little girl’s video. It’s how I feel. I’m just tired of all the freaking commercials. At least I already voted so I don’t have to hassle with all the peeps on tuesday.
    Dazee Dreamer recently posted..What The Frack …..True or FalseMy Profile

Me too.

At my age, I am not expanding my mind, either–now, if I could only stop expanding my stomach I’d be happier. LOVED–& agree with–the video!

You summed that up nicely. I, too want it all to be over. I’m not apathetic, I have strong opinions, and prefer not to have others tell me how I should think/vote. I think our campaigning process has become more like Oklahoma vs Texas or Kansas State vs KU. (insert any two rival teams)

This should be more about what is good for the country and less about who’s team we are rooting for.

I thought that little girl was quite cute too but I feel bad that she is so exposed to the bickering that she is crying. Aren’t little children supposed to be having fun and not worrying about our political system.
    Cheryl P. recently posted..Odd TwistsMy Profile

Like you Miss Cheryl, it would be nice if you could believe that each candidate wanted only what was best for the country without regard to their own agenda. Unfortunately it usually doesn’t seem to work out that way.

6. I’m tired of the election, too, because I’m nervous about the outcome for the first time in my life. I need Obamacare so I can get health insurance. Without it, I get turned down because of pre-existing conditions.

Love,
    Janie
    Janie Junebug recently posted..Crazy world: I need helpMy Profile

7. Janie Emaus says:

My sentiments exactly!

I knew there had to be a bunch of us out there! Welcome Miss Janie. Hope to see you here again soon. Next time it will be infinitely more fun I promise.

I am SO WITH YOU on this. Mr. Snoots is the one who hangs on every word from the opponents and the media. WHY? It won’t change anything. It is what it is. Or rather, it is what it shall be.

I saw that video on Inside Edition yesterday & I thought, “Damn, I feel the same way!”

I was even getting political phone calls today. REALLY? I absentee voted. They won’t be changing my mind, or any other minds of average & above intelligence. I’m so sick of the mud-slinging & innuendos, I could scream for a month, non-stop. Hey – if the people want another 4 years of socialism & ruin, then who am I to argue? I just live here too, right? I wasn’t born into socialism, but that doesn’t mean this isn’t becoming a socialist country.

Ugh. I’ll stop now. We have insurance that we pay out the wazoo for. I don’t like it. I’d rather take a nice trip to someplace tropical than pay for insurance. I’d rather pay for repairs & updating needed in our home than pay for insurance. But, knowing what I know, we have to pay the insurance or lose our home paying for the doctor bills when we fall ill. Great choice, huh?

We’re already paying a ridiculous amount for taxes to the government. Now, we’re also paying them for the $80,000.00 our son incurred while at St. Edward’s Univ. for 2 (yes, only 2) years. Those people call us daily, even though we haven’t missed a $1,000.00 pymt. per month yet. Yes, they will be calling us until we die, whether we’ve made timely payments or not. Just another atrocity we have to endure from our own government, the GREEDY MACHINE OF POLITICS.

This country is seriously out of control in every direction I can think of. I’m beginning to think I’d be perfectly happy living in a shack on the beach in Mexico, even though the drug cartels are still killing people left & right. Just to get away from the mass insanity that is America, would be such a relief…
    Liz C. recently posted..Tears & Prayers For The East Coast…My Profile

Morn-tin-ing M, So tried!!! I do thamk The Commander and Chief for sending gas and help to the Northeast. I make out very well, but too many didn’t…back 2 work…TRACK…Evelyn hugs honey, thinking of U!