Michele On January - 14 - 2013

Hello young ones. I hope the weekend was good for you. Ours was mixed. Saturday was drove to BFW, an hour away, to set up in Brenham, TX (home to Blue Bell Ice Cream). It shoulda been good– I thought.

Was it?

Not so much.

It seems that Elmer and Betty Jo Bippy are not our target market.

There were quilts and bed there for $200; but my prices inspired the vapors:

Go figure.

I shoulda been tipped off when I saw Lurline. She was about 112 and had hair by inspired by the famous Farah Fawcett¬† haircut from the 70′s.

Sadly however Ms. Dimwit’s hair had been been cut at home, then enhanced by a Lilt home perm and colored a color I’ve never seen before, even when I expanded my mind a couple of times in the early 70′s.

lilt

I wasn’t on the red carpet at the Golden Globes last night; but I can assure you, it was most unwonderful indeed.

Anyway, we broke down at 2pm and headed home without making a dime. Of course it didn’t help that Mrs. Lurline Jo Dimwit, loving spouse of Cletus Otis Dimwit had also positioned us in the ass-end of the show; and when I tried to take 1 flower and stand in a spot where I might actually be seen she said “You can’t stand there.”

So I moved.

She said “You can’t stand there.”

After the second time I told Doug that was it and to pack it up before I went buck wild by wrapping Lurline in one of the many quilts hanging everywhere and beating the crap outta her with one of the antique butter churns or rug beaters hanging nearby.

Sunday we went to a local market that feature organic produce. It was close by the house; and over time may prove to be a good place for us. Time will tell.

In the meantime here are just a couple of other things for you–

funeral

cop with dog

enough

I guess that’s it for now. I have to go finish the den while Doug’s gone, before he gets back and sees all the trash bags I’ve filled with his projects both started and abandoned over a year ago.

What can I say?

He has attachment issues.

Stay warm kiddos.

1. Patti Winker says:

ah… craft shows. Hell on earth. Thanks for the videos and other laughs. Not laughing at your pain – I feel that. At your next show just let ‘em have it with both barrels, but don’t forget to bring the smelling salts.

Have you gotten your online store up and running?

Oh, and good luck with the den. And, yes, hurry… ;)
    Patti Winker recently posted..Spelling Still Matters – Right Word Equals Right MeaningMy Profile

Hiya Miss Patti. You’re most welcome for the laughs and I will remember the salts next time. Thanks for the hint. We’re still in Beta format, but getting closer every day.

Maybe the Lilt perms have fried Ms. Dimwit’s brain. I don’t see how your standing anywhere would be harmful in some way. I am seriously losing my patience with 50 percent of the inhabitants on our planet. Thankfully, the other 50 percent amuse the hell out of me.
    Cheryl P. recently posted..Friday NewsMy Profile

Oh it wouldn’t have mattered where I stood. She was just nutso. With that hair I’m sure that Mrs. Dimwit is somewhere on the People of Walmart site.

5. I’m definitely warm. I’ve needed to open some windows and run ceiling fans the last few days. I’m sorry that old broad wouldn’t let you be seen with your flower. You should have a poster for flower power and chant “2, 4, 6, 8. When you gonna integrate?” Oh, how I do remember with sadness the horrible days when my mom would give us frizzy home perms. We five girls had the ugliest hair and worst homemade clothes of anybody in school. It set us apart and made us feel real special when the other kids taunted us.

Love,
    Janie
    Janie Junebug recently posted..THOSE WHO COULD NOT SPEAK: RAYMONDMy Profile

I remember back when when my friends would come to school after home perms. Sometimes they were OK; usually though, not so much. Back then I of course always wanted to be rid of my curls. I considered them a curse.

6. Pearl says:

I, too, have faced the inequities of the unfair show.

I quite enjoyed this. :-)

Pearl
    Pearl recently posted..Part Two: Everyone is Someone’s WeirdoMy Profile

I had no idea you were a fellow sufferer Miss Pearl. Let’s hope neither of us have another for a long while. Glad you liked it.

M, Think about the nice organic produce market near you now…TRACK