Michele On February - 18 - 2013

volcanoI heard about something the other day but dismissed it as impossible. I know that flying has changed a lot the last few years. People don’t “dress” to fly anymore. Not all flight attendants look like Miss America contestants; and unless you’re flying first class, flying for the most part, is usually at least somewhat unwonderful.

But some asshat really did this–to a toddler?

Yes indeedy!

He did just that.

As if his words weren’t bad enough, he actually slapped the child!

WTF?!

Who hasn’t been stuck on a plane with a crying child?

I know I have, more than once; but anyone with one molecule of sense knows that there are few options for the parent.

Sometimes, no matter what’s tried, a crying infant or toddler just can’t be comforted.

Just what did this walking pile of excrement trying to pass himself off a human being want the mother to do?

It’s not like she could take the crying child outside after all.

So what’s a sane person to do in this situation?

Suck it up, be a responsible adult. Put in your earplugs or put on your headphones and remember, you were little once too, before you turned into a curmudgeon. And if you didn’t remember to bring a pair of earplugs look at it as a learning experience. You won’t forget them again next time.

As for me, all I can say is that it’s good I didn’t see Mr. Joe Rickey Hundley slap that toddler; or I’d be facing jail time too.

I’m curious, what would you have done had you seen him do that?

1. That is absolutely disgusting! What a messed up, miserable man! I have no idea what I would have done as it is one of those things that I think I would almost not believe just happened because it’s so shockingly crazy.
    Padded Cell Princess recently posted..Fun in the mid 90′sMy Profile

I am so angry at what this asshat did that I can’t even think!!
    fishducky recently posted..JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE DAY…My Profile

3. batpoopcrazy says:

I have no idea what I’d do. I think the Mommy instinct in me may beat the crap outta him and I’d be in jail as well.
    batpoopcrazy recently posted..Oh Dear Gawd, It’s a Spider!!!!!!!!!!!!My Profile

Welcome Batpoop. Sorry you had to visit on such an intense day; but you and I think alike. I’d been all over him had he even attempted to strike that child. Please pop in again sometime.

4. Vapid Vixen says:

Oh my god! I know I’ve felt like crying myself on some flights when the pressure in my ears just won’t let up. Never mind how sensitive little one’s are to those kind of pressure changes.

I’m so glad there were witnesses and that he’s being punished for this. What a complete and utter lowlife.
    Vapid Vixen recently posted..Is It Normal To Call Your Valentine A Shitface?My Profile

I would have spoken up and told the man he was a fu*** douche. When it comes to kids I have no filters. The problem with this is while I heard the headlines, I keep thinking there just has to be a mistake and that couldn’t have happened. I can’t imagine letting someone near enough to my kid to let him/her get slapped. The person that attempted it would be pulling back a damaged hand. Has anyone heard the details as to what the hell actually took place?
    Cheryl P. recently posted..And The Award Goes ToMy Profile

From what I’ve heard and read, the mom had the child in the back of the plane for awhile but they had to sit down before landing. Apparently that’s when the epithet flew and the slap happened.

I can’t believe he’s only up for 1 yr. in the slammer.

6. bunbytes says:

At the time my children were young, I was not on my Zoloft which keeps my angry depression under control. I shudder to think what my response would have been if someone slapped my child because he was crying on the plane. 9 times out of ten, they cry because of discomfort in the ears. I flew one time with a bad cold and when we were descending, I thought ice picks were being shoved into my eardrums and there was nothing I could do about it. At that time in my life, I probably would have beat the shit out of him. I figure it’s protection of my child. For his punishment, they should put him a room with mothers of young children, grown children and grandmothers. We’d only need 5 minutes.

Don’t know what I would have done for sure, but he wouldn’t be happy!…TRACK
    p.s. how is that hand doing?

I have no doubt that if you were to get riled, he wouldn’t be happy, in any way, shape or form.

My hand is still an issue. It’s edging up on a month and still not closed. Healing is going along very, very slowly, probably because I just couldn’t wrap it up and let it be for 2 weeks without using it. I just don’t have the luxury of that much down time.

9. I heard the guy even got fired from his job over it. I guess we should just be grateful he didn’t have a gun and wasn’t somewhere he might use it. Yep. Real piece of work, that guy.
    injaynesworld recently posted..injaynesworld it’s “My Cold Left Foot…”My Profile

Piece of work– you are so nice, Miss Jayne.

I was horrified when I saw this. Kind of reminded me of being accosted by the Las Vegas security on our way back home. Come on people, really??? But then you already know my feelings on the subject.
    Liz C. recently posted..The Return Of The Fox Family… We Hope!My Profile